[imp] Cannot connect via imap/ssl

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Fri Jul 7 04:40:07 PDT 2006

Hello,

the subject of my recent question was probably misleading;
I'm sorry for any confusion that may have caused.

I think, this time I have chosen a proper subject line.
The issue, in a nutshell:
- Imp does not connect to the IMAP server via SSL or TSL,
   giving an incomprehensible error message, in the Login screen.
- imp/test.php connects to the same server via these protocols,
   so this is definitely not a server-side problem.

For details, cf. below.

- What could be the reason for this discrepancy between Imp-Login and
   imp/test.php?
- How could I proceed to locate the source of that error message?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this problem.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz

-------- Original-Nachricht --------