[imp] Cannot connect via imap/ssl

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Jul 7 07:15:59 PDT 2006

Quoting Otto Stolz <Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de>:

> Hello,
>
> the subject of my recent question was probably misleading;
> I'm sorry for any confusion that may have caused.
>
> I think, this time I have chosen a proper subject line.
> The issue, in a nutshell:
> - Imp does not connect to the IMAP server via SSL or TSL,
>   giving an incomprehensible error message, in the Login screen.

You haven't read your documentation then.  TLS can not be used with
PHP 4.4.2.  You need at least PHP 5.1.0.  And SSL won't work unless
you compile ssl into PHP.

> - imp/test.php connects to the same server via these protocols,
>   so this is definitely not a server-side problem.

test.php only uses the c-client imap functions to connect.  When
logging in we also use our PHP-code IMP_IMAPClient to connect, which
has some limitations (which unfortunately we can not do anything about).

[snip]

> - Horde 3.1.1
> - Imp H3 (4.1.1)
> - PEAR: I don't know; imp/test says: "Recent PEAR: Yes"
> - PHP 4.4.2
> - Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7e PHP/4.4.2
> - Solaris: SunOS 5.9

Upgrade to IMP 4.1.2.  There have been numerous improvements to our
IMP_IMAPClient library between the two versions.

michael