[imp] Problem with Horde 3.1.2 and MySQL 5.0 sessions

Jeff Tucker jeff at jltnet.com
Wed Jul 19 06:20:18 PDT 2006

Graeme Wood wrote:

> On 19 Jul 2006, at 06:17, Jeff Tucker wrote:
>
>> Hi, guys. I'm having a problem using a MySQL 5.0 server as a database
>> for Horde sessions. I'm hoping this rings a bell with someone.
>>
>> First, I have an old Horde/IMP setup and an old MySQL 3.1 server. These
>> work fine together including MySQL-based sessions.
>>
>> I installed a new machine with a new Horde 3.1.2 and IMP 4.1.2. This was
>> initially setup with the old MySQL database. It worked fine with the
>> existing databases and tables.
>>
>> Next I installed a new database machine and migrated all the databases
>> to the new machine. The old Horde/IMP is still in production and works
>> fine with the new databases.
>>
>> The problem is the new Horde/IMP can't use the new database. If I
>> configure it to use the new database, logins seems to fail. If I change
>> only the name of the machine for session handling MySQL, it all works
>> fine, putting session data on the old database.
>
> Your database will contain passwords using the old password encryption
> mechanism. Your MySQL client libraries on your new server will likely
> be expecting to use the new mechanism.

Thanks for the response. Are you talking about MySQL passwords? I don't
think that's the case here. My new webmail can use prefs stored in the
new database just fine. And, it can store sessions because I'm seeing
them show up in the session database.

To summarize:

The old webmail works fine with the new database. This makes me think
the new database is set up correctly, the tables are correct, etc.

The new webmail works fine with the old database. This makes me think
that the new webmail is set up and configured correctly.

The new webmail can use prefs stored in either the old database or the
new database. However, just for MySQL-based sessions, I can't store the
session data in the new database. It works fine with sessions stored in
the old database.

I'm wondering if there is some magic configuration option in MySQL or
something. Some limit number or option that is required to make sessions
work when stored in MySQL 5.0 databases.

Thanks
Jeff