[imp] problem with pear channel-discover

Michael Ryerse michael.ryerse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 20:32:17 PDT 2006

> /bin/sh -x /usr/bin/pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
>
> will at least show you the exact invocation of the php command with
> its parameters. On my machine (Trustix 2.2) it comes out as:
>
> + exec /usr/bin/php -C -q -d include_path=/usr/lib/php -d output_buffering=1 -d open_basedir= -d safe_mode=0 /usr/lib/php/pearcmd.php channel-discover pear.horde.org
>
> Could it be that the arguments passed to pearcmd.php get mangled for
> some reason on your machine? are all the paths what you expect them to be?

Thanks, that is very interesting.  I really appreciate your help.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure what directory it should be in.  You're
comment about there possibly being more than one installation of PHP
makes sense though.  PHP 5.0.4 is the default install on Fedora Core
4.  Then, when I was looking through the horde installation steps, it
said to do a yum install php.  I think that installed php again, maybe
in a different location.  Here are the results from the command you
suggested:

[root at ryerse /]# /bin/sh -x /usr/bin/pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
+ test x '!=' x
+ test /usr/bin/php = @php_bin@
+ PHP=/usr/bin/php
+ test x '!=' x
+ test /usr/share/pear = @php_dir@
+ INCDIR=/usr/share/pear
+ INCARG='-d include_path=/usr/share/pear'
+ exec /usr/bin/php -C -q -d include_path=/usr/share/pear -d
output_buffering=1 /usr/share/pear/pearcmd.php channel-discover
pear.horde.org
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php/modules/pgsql.so' - libpq.so.4: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
Command 'pear.horde.org' is not valid, try 'pear help'

btw, I checked /etc/php.ini for something loading pgsql.so and I
didn't see anything in there.  Is there another php configuration file
that loads modules?