[imp] non-existing folders show in pulldown list

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Oct 17 09:25:03 PDT 2006

Quoting Markus Krause <krause at biochem.mpg.de>:

> Hi All!
>
> In the top menu line of IMP there is (as you all surely know! ;-) )
> a pulldown list right of "Open Folder" with the existing folders.
> But there a some folders listed which do not exist! They habe been
> existing but have been deleted and do no longer exist on the imap
> server (its uw-imap). These are also shown after a new login. On the
> "Folders" page (Folder Navigator) there are only the really existing
> folders listed.
> Where are this entries coming from?
> Are they stored somewhere? Well, obviously! But Where?

Your IMAP server.  IMP just doesn't "make-up" folder names - if your
IMAP server is reporting they exist, then we display them.

If using uw-imap and upgrading from an older version (IMP 4.1+), you
*really* need to read the documentation, tbe wiki, or one of about 100
posts on this list.

> The preference storage is a local MySQL-DB,

MySQL/preferences backend has nothing to do with this.

michael