[imp] non-existing folders show in pulldown list

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Wed Oct 18 03:08:52 PDT 2006

Hi Michael,

thanks for your answer!

> Quoting Markus Krause <krause at biochem.mpg.de>:
>
>> Hi All!
>>
>> In the top menu line of IMP there is (as you all surely know! ;-) )
>>   a pulldown list right of "Open Folder" with the existing folders.
>>   But there a some folders listed which do not exist! They habe
>> been   existing but have been deleted and do no longer exist on the
>> imap   server (its uw-imap). These are also shown after a new
>> login. On   the "Folders" page (Folder Navigator) there are only
>> the really   existing folders listed.
>> Where are this entries coming from?
>> Are they stored somewhere? Well, obviously! But Where?
>
> Your IMAP server.  IMP just doesn't "make-up" folder names - if your
> IMAP server is reporting they exist, then we display them.
I just wondered why those folders are listed in the drop-down but not
on the page of the folder navigator... (well, obviously the folder
navigator checks them!)

> If using uw-imap and upgrading from an older version (IMP 4.1+), you
> *really* need to read the documentation, tbe wiki, or one of about 100
> posts on this list.
I actually read them (at least if you refer to
http://wiki.horde.org/ImpUWIMAPNamespaces and similar), but
unfortunately i do not have direct or ssh access to the imap server
(yet), i checked the existing folders via ftp as there is an ftp
server running we use for uploading procmail scripts. on this server
there is no other user data than the maildir of uw-imap.

but i think i found reason: in the mailbox there a file ".mailboxlist"
exists which contains just the list which is displayed in the
drop-down menu! the page "folder navigator" seems to use this too (as
all folders disappear if i delete the file) but checks if they are
existing or rather gets the information while checking the number of
read/unread mails.

in imp/config/prefs.php i set $_prefs['subscribe']['value'] to 1 and
lock it otherwise the pull-down list would contain the "dot-files"
(.mailboxlist, .procmailrc, ...).

so the error is a wrong subscription file. i know this is now getting
slightliy of-topic but does someone know how to fix this? (dispite
using a different imap-client which uses imap subscription and correct
this. we have about 1100 users and a script-based serach for
non-existing folders in .mailboxlist files seems no good/secure
solution to me!)

Thanks in advance for any hints!