[imp] Mailbox Listing - Incorrect From Display

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Fri Dec 22 07:33:43 PST 2006

Muskingum Web Manager <webmgr at muskingum.edu> wrote:

> The logic of that seems reasonable, but I'm not used to it, and it's  not
> consistent with other mail clients, so I am not sure if I will  leave it
> alone or change the behavior on my end. I'm going to think  about it a
> while.

Think about the appearance of any folder containing sent mail.

This behavior is consistent with Pine and Mulberry (two that I can
quickly look at).

I've seen some client that does this behavior only for the folder defined
in the client as the current sent mail folder.  It fails when old sent
mail has been moved to any other folder for archiving.  That's not so
great.  Personally I mix sent and received mail in my archives so that
I can follow threads.

Joseph Brennan