[imp] Mail.app mail forwarding issue w/ 4.2RC3 / HEAD

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Fri Apr 4 15:35:38 UTC 2008

We think we found out why it's doing it, and we're submitting a bug to Apple.

In addition to the normal HTML open and close tags around the message
body, it also puts HTML open and close tags around the string "Begin
forwarded message:".  E.g.

forwarded message:</html>

and this makes IMP sad.

Could (should?) IMP compensate for it?

Liam

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu>:

> So, we've noticed some weirdness w/ OS X's Mail.app and IMP 4.2RC3 /
> HEAD (at least with Leopard's Mail.app).
>
> If a user's Mail.app prefs are set for rich text composition
> (Preferences -> Composing -> Message Format = Rich Text), forwarded
> messages show up in imp as a pair of lines that say..
>
>    Show this HTML in a new window?
>    Begin forwarded message:
>
> If you click on "Show this HTML...", it pops up a new window that
> displays everything just fine.  Message source displays everything
> fine.  I've tried numerous c-clients, with the same results.  That
> the message displays in the "Show this HTML..." window and "message
> source" says to me that c-client sees the message fine.
>
> Can anyone else replicate this?
>
> Liam

Liam