[imp] Possible issue with imp

tom burkart imp at aussec.com
Thu Apr 10 08:04:56 UTC 2008

>>> No.  That message views fine here (using the latest HEAD version).
>> Ok, given that I am on the latest stable release, how can I verify
>> whether this is an issue on my part or an issue on one of the
>> prerequisites or actually an issue on horde's part?  Go to HEAD?
> That's going to be the easiest way to to rule IMP out.
Ok, after lots of fighting with the thing I finally have
horde/framework/imp running on a test system.

Indeed it does run fine on HEAD.

However, HEAD is way different to STABLE.  So we are comparing apples
with oranges.  Hence, in my mind the issue is far from resolved.

I guess the main questions are:

- Is HEAD stable enough to use on a production server?
   - How do I upgrade/clean the database to make it work properly with
HEAD (starting from scratch is not an option)?

- I have usually built RPMs to allow easy upgrade of the system.
However, the way the framework wants to be installed makes packaging
very difficult to say the least.  How can I get around this?

tom