[imp] feedback re: creating message attachments

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu May 22 22:46:16 UTC 2008

Zitat von "Spiro Harvey, Knossos Networks Ltd" <spiro at knossos.net.nz>:

>> I might argue that the former "Attach" / "Update attachment
>> information" combination was clearer for users.  I've attached a
>> message from one of our users..
>
> I hadn't noticed this before, but upon looking at it I've decided a few
> things:
>
> The first is that someone having gone through the process of clicking on
> "Attachments" and having the attachments panel open up below should be
> able to figure out what the "Update" button does.
>
> Yes, Update is a stupid label for the button, but it's not like you're
> inundated with choices of buttons. You select a file and click on the
> button next to it. It could say Soup for all its relevance.
>
> I believe that this user of yours in particular is making a mountain out
> of a speck of dust.
>
> However, if the Imp developers really want an update button, then I
> believe they should add some logic behind it so that when the attachment
> field is empty, the button reads "Upload" or "Attach", and when the
> field is populated by a previously uploaded file, then the button should
> change to read "Update".

This is not quite true, because the button still *does* update, namely
the attachment information of any attachments that had been added
earlier already.

I still don't see the user's problem, because you don't have to use
the button at all. Select you files to attach and click "Send", done.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/