[imp] Webmail 1.1 configuration after initial install

Harkin Banks harkinbanks83 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 15:08:05 UTC 2008

Just trying to get started here.  I installed horde-webmail-1.1.tar.gz.  There are various references to an adminstrative area in the docs and a suggestion to go to http://servername/horde/ to access it.  I specified the username 'admin' as the "mail user who should have adminstrator permissions" in part 3 of the setup.  I have attempted to log in as admin with no password (since i wasn't prompted for one during the setup) and that didn't work.  I tried to add the user to the webmail database as follows:
INSERT INTO horde_users (user_uid, user_pass) VALUES ('admin', 'password');
However, attempting to log in with this username and password also gets me a "Login failed".  I also checked /var/www/horde-webmail/config/conf.php to see if 'admin' was in the array that specifies which users are admins, and 'admin' was indeed in the array.
So, I'm not sure how to get into this "administrator area".
Sorry if this is a super horde newbie question, but any help is very much appreciated.
Thank you.