[imp] Loosing composing data after session killed (Message recompose not working)

Michael Antonishek Michael.Antonishek at nist.gov
Fri Oct 10 15:47:57 UTC 2008

http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:c1dlMX1cFlcJ:www.nabble.com/Message-recompose-not-working-td19058630.html+compose+session+horde&hl=lt&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=lt

> I've got the same problem. I've set that cookie's lifetime is 0 . In
> php.ini session max lifetime is being set to 1440 sec. Everything
> works great. When user is idle for a 24 minutes (1440 sec), he is
> being kicked out . But the problem is that no such message as "To
> continue your message, please enter login and password again" is
> shown.
>
> I've checked that the parameter $reason is empty when
> sess_xxxxxxxxxxxx file in temporary directory is deleted. I'm using
> the latest horde and imp versions. Fresh install didnt helped either.
>
> Thanks for reading my post,
> Arminas

Hi Arminas,

I'm also having the same problem.  After logging into webmail, clicking "New
Message" to start to compose a message, then hitting "Log out".  I never see the
following text message when I hit the "Send Message" button to send the composed
message:

   Please log in again to resume composing your message. If you are NOT
   using cookies AND you are composing messages in popup windows, you will
   have to log in again in your main window as well. This is to keep
   attackers from hijacking your session ID. We apologize for any
   inconvenience.

The email message is never sent, and I'm simply logged out of the "New Message"
window.  I've a test system that was configured in April, 2008, that does handle
session timeouts correctly.

Is there a bug in the current version of the IMP software?

Thanks,
Mike