[imp] Fwd: Authentication for a mail service

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jan 27 10:18:46 UTC 2009

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von pisem.srnke at gmail.com -----
     Datum: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:50:24 +0100
       Von: Michala Srnova <pisem.srnke at gmail.com>
   Betreff: Authentication for a mail service
        An: consulting at horde.org

Hi,
In my settings of mail server, I use self signed certificate ( /etc/imapd.conf ).
When I try to login to horde webmail, it returns me back to login page.
Therefore I use horde/imp/test.php. After input my login data, I get this:
* Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 143:  SUCCESS
* Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993: ERROR
  Certificate failure for localhost: self signed certificate in certificate chain: /data of certificate authority(O,OU,CN...)/
* Trying protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, Port 993:  SUCCESS
* Trying protocol imap/tls/novalidate-cert, Port 143:  SUCCESS

I don't give the file with certificate autorithy to horde, because I don't know it is possible or necessary.
How can I solve this problem, please?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/