[imp] IMP sort limit

Aria Bamdad aria at bsc.gwu.edu
Thu Aug 12 15:52:48 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to set the upper limit on mailbox size for sorting by using the
config variable conf[server][sort_limit] and setting it to 2500.  However,
this disables all sorting on the mailbox for the user.  My goal is to set
the sort order for mailboxes with more than 2500 to the arrival order
(default) but also still allow the user to click on the column heading to
sort the mailbox if they choose to.

By default, IMP turns off all sorting for a mailbox if the message count is
above the value set for conf[server][sort_limit].  Is there a way to just
enforce this limit when a mailbox is displayed rather than permanently?  My
point is that there is no reason to completely turn off sorting just because
this parameter is set.

Thanks,

Aria