[imp] Horde/IMP performance problems

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Sep 9 13:17:06 UTC 2010

Quoting Jochen Roderburg <Roderburg at uni-koeln.de>:

> Hello IMP Users,
>
> We have been using the older generation of the system (Horde2/IMP3)
> for many years as our university Webmail system without needing any
> special optimizations despite a growing number of users.
>
> But when I now tried to offer the current generation (the whole
> Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2.6) to our users, we had
> immediately severe performance problems and had to cancel the action
> after 2 days.
>
> This system now seems to have an enormously increased need of
> resources as compared to the old version.
>
> Have others made similar experiences?

There have been issues with performance related to the new sql share
system that was to replace the datatree system.  Some installs with a
large user base have had better performance going back to datatree
storage, while others have had good results with tweaking the database
server. There are a number of threads on the dev at lists.horde.org
mailing list as well as a bug or two on bugs.horde.org that have some
discussion on this.

Others on list will likely be able to give you more specifics.

--
Mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org

Mike

?The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at
once." - A. Einstein