[imp] login slowness with large inboxes after upgrade from Horde 3.0.10+IMP 4.0.4 to Horde 3.3.8 + IMP 4.3.7

Jose Manuel Blanco jmblanco at sciops.esa.int
Wed Nov 3 11:03:08 UTC 2010

Hi again

Thanks for your help. I had already tried changing all this performance
killers such us image preview, sorting, cache (this actually improved
the behaviour for users with less than 10000 mails in the inbox) etc,
but nothing worked . What I'd like to know is if the old version just
retrieved a few headers from the IMAP server at logon -for example, the
latest ones-, while the new one tries to retrieve all of them. As I
mentioned in my original mail, that is the only explanation I can
conceive for the old one to be so fast (takes less that 2 seconds to
login for the first time and show 20 messages in the first screen, even
if the user has more than 40000 mails in the inbox). Again, if that is
so and can be configured in the same way for the new version, it would
really help us.

Thanks again

Jose Manuel

--
Jose Manuel Blanco Ramos
European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)

E-mail: jmblanco at sciops.esa.int
Tel: +34 91 8131 185, Fax: +34 91 8131 322
P.0. Box 78, 28691 VILLANUEVA DE LA CAÑADA
SPAIN

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure,

use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in

error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by

the sender.