[imp] Seeing Inbox(1/12) -> There are no messages in this mailbox

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Nov 4 16:06:51 UTC 2010

Quoting Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn at pfcs.com>:

> Joe wrote:

>> > How might I clear the IMP preferences from the database?  I'm happy to
>> > give this a shot...
>>
>> The sql statement we use to clear the prefs for IMP are: ...
>>
>> Doing this, naturally, means any preferences the user may have set are
>> gone and will use the system's default settings.  The only real
>> nuisance we've run into is losing the user's address book as being the
>> default.  But it isn't too difficult for them to fix that.
>
> I'll give it a shot, thanks, and at this point I would be surprised if
> there were *any* preferences set.
>
> This is a *fresh* install - I built the DB from scratch and installed
> the software from scratch (I did this after my previous horde
> installation stopped working, so I deleted all of the installed horde
> packages and I removed the entire horde mysql database, then I did a
> "fresh" re-install and re-did the configuration).
>
> I will check to see if there are any imp preferences as soon as I can
> (it may be today, it may be tomorrow - I'm gonna do a 7 hour drive
> sometime in the next 12-36 hours).

Blowing away the preferences might work since IMP will fall back to a
different sorting algorithm.  My guess is that a certain sort is
causing c-client to segfault (c-client is notorious for segfaulting on
certain headers with bad/wonky data) while the default sort is
skipping the offending code in c-client.

If this is the case, this is a PHP issue, not a Horde issue.

michael