[imp] Redirect not working

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Nov 16 05:20:08 UTC 2012

Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:

> Citeren Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>
>>> Looking at your original message, it's actually the From envelope address
>>> that appears to be broken.  Which is set via your identities.  Which means
>>> your identity contains an invalid e-mail address.  Delete your identity and
>>> re-create.
>>
>> I just tried this and I get a 5.7.1 Bad syntax error from the mail server.
>
> Same here. It is rejected because of a malformed MAIL FROM address:
>
>     postfix/smtpd[25829]: warning: proxy 127.0.0.1:10026 rejected
> "MAIL FROM:<Arjen de Korte <arjen at de-korte.org>>": "501 5.5.2
> Syntax: MAIL FROM:<address>"

For SMTP, the FROM address is obtained from the Return-Path address.
This address is generated from the identity.  And this works fine for
me.

The only thing I can think of is that your default e-mail address for
the default identity is *NOT* a bare e-mail address.  It can't contain
personal information.

Outside of that, someone is going to have to track down why this is
broken for them.  I can point you to imp/lib/Compose.php (the
sendRedirectMessage()) for where we are creating the redirect data.

michael