[imp] imp Digest, Vol 3212, Issue 1

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Nov 29 18:31:05 UTC 2012

Quoting Jens-Uwe Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Zitat von imp-request at lists.horde.org:
>
>> Your original configuration didn't contain a spam action, either
>> sending via e-mail or reporting via a program.  That's why nothing
>> happened.  You obviously can't mark a message as spam unless some
>> system actually processes the spam report.
>
> Yes, but that's totally out of the scope of both Horde and this
> discussion: There is a spam action wanted by the user - moving the
> message to the declared spam folder. Unless the admin sets
> "$conf['spam']['reporting'] = true;", the user won't have any ui
> option of marking the message as spam.

This logic is incorrect.  A user's primary goal when marking spam is
to cause it to be analyzed by some system so that an identical message
(or a message like it) is blocked in the future.

Defaulting spam reporting to simply moving a message to another
mailbox is nothing more than a "delete" action.  Which we already have.

> Unless you change your mind and follow my proposal, I opt for
> warning the admin that you believe the configuration contains an
> error - neither email address nor external action set. That way the
> admin will notice and can work around this design limit.

If you want to suggest additional text to put into conf.xml, that
would be appreciated.  However, we are not going to add code that
checks for this and throws an error everytime a spam message is
reported.  That is totally unneeded overhead.