[imp] imp Digest, Vol 3212, Issue 1

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Nov 29 19:10:50 UTC 2012

> Quoting Jens-Uwe Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:
>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> Zitat von imp-request at lists.horde.org:
>>
>>> Your original configuration didn't contain a spam action, either
>>> sending via e-mail or reporting via a program.  That's why nothing
>>> happened.  You obviously can't mark a message as spam unless some
>>> system actually processes the spam report.
>>
>> Yes, but that's totally out of the scope of both Horde and this
>> discussion: There is a spam action wanted by the user - moving the
>> message to the declared spam folder. Unless the admin sets
>> "$conf['spam']['reporting'] = true;", the user won't have any ui
>> option of marking the message as spam.
>
> This logic is incorrect.  A user's primary goal when marking spam is
> to cause it to be analyzed by some system so that an identical
> message (or a message like it) is blocked in the future.
>
> Defaulting spam reporting to simply moving a message to another
> mailbox is nothing more than a "delete" action.  Which we already
> have.

I have a shared spam folder set up; any message moved there gets
scanned by a central SpamAssassin program. So I disagree that this is
equivalent to a delete action - what the user means is report spam,
and they shouldn't necessarily have to worry about which folder, doing
the move/delete, etc.

-chuck