[imp] Blank emails

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Dec 31 16:49:48 UTC 2012

Quoting Tomi Orava <Tomi.Orava at ncircle.nullnet.fi>:

>> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>>
>>> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>> On 19

>>> Does this happen with all replied emails or only some?
>>
>> I actually just ran a git bisect due to same symptoms.
>> The result was that the following commit breaks horde on
>> my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. The problem only comes up with
>> HTML-mails that have been received by the phone after the below
>> commits has been applied. All the previous mails are of course
>> just fine.
>
> And to clarify a bit, my problem was seen whenever
> I _received_ and html email via activesync to my android phone.
> All the plain text emails were being displayed just fine, while
> the html mails were always completely blank. I rarely send
> emails (and never send html mails) so it still might be the very
> same issue.

Huh. Ironically, HTML emails broke for me *without* that commit since
if they are quoted-printable encoded, and we only retrieve a portion
of the full email, the decoding can produce corrupt text. In the case
of iOS, this isn't only a matter of not seeing the correct text, the
corrupt text actually crashes the Mail app.

I'll investigate further.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)