[imp] Signature

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Feb 6 20:55:53 UTC 2013

On 06.02.2013 19:43, Brendan Oakley wrote:
> I am seeing a pattern in these discussions. I don't want to point
> fingers, but I would respectfully and gently suggest that the current
> approach to answering questions and comments be reconsidered. There
> are two sides to every story, and development theory and the real
> world can sometimes be at odds.

That's somewhat generic.

That requires thoughtful
> reconciliation, not just dismissal. The purpose of this software is
> live deployment for broad user consumption, after all, isn't it?

As it currently stand, the project currently can only support a user
base which knows how to google, knows how to ask questions on a mailing
list or how to participate on a bug tracker, or submits patches.

The signature thing has been discussed over and over, and while I am not
happy with the current state (not showing but appending signatures)
I am convinced that none of the solutions presented is any better.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de