[imp] Connect failed: (1045) Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

peter lawrie peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 19:15:39 UTC 2013

On 26 February 2013 18:24, peter lawrie <peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk>wrote:

> Resent - blocked due to size, so removed previous messages:
>

> Sorry Simon, I just clicked reply which just sent it to you instead of the
> list,
> and I will try 'bottom-posting' - gmail by default does top-posting!
>

> I tried going through your instructions (I do appreciate the assistance)
> First of all, I note you have used horde4 at various points, I assume
> horde5 or just horde
> My installation by default goes to /var/www/htm/horde not /usr/share/horde4
> The rhel6 server I am installing on has virtualmin installed for virtual
> users (postfix relates to these correctly)
> I noted some of the apps were alpha release and referred me to a download
> page
>
> Ignoring installed package pear/Net_SMTP
> Failed to download pear/Date_Holidays within preferred state "stable",
> latest release is version 0.21.8, stability "alpha", use "channel://
> pear.php.net/Date_Holidays-0.21.8" to install
> Failed to download pear/SOAP within preferred state "stable", latest
> release is version 0.13.0, stability "beta", use "channel://
> pear.php.net/SOAP-0.13.0" to install
> Skipping package "pear/MDB2", already installed as version 2.4.1
>
> Do these matter? they probably don't have a bearing on my problem.
>
> I downloaded GeoLiteCity.dat but skipped the cron job for later.
> I was puzzled by chown -R www-data - I don't have such a user, who should
> it be, horde has been created with owner root
> All the directories have in horde have permissions 755 and I'm running as
> root so that should not be an issue.
> I changed the owner to apache but it made no difference.
>
> You also specified pecl lzf - where does it go? Not into /etc/php5/apache2
> on my system.
> I can only find
>   /usr/share/pear/share/pear/.
> registry/.channel.pecl.php.net/lzf.reg
> I created lzf.ini in /etc/php.d - assuming it was correct.
>
> Anyway after that, I'm no further forward, the tabs are still greyed out
> so I can't update db schemas
> I've clicked and clicked to no avail - only the 'general' is not greyed
> out - when I first installed, several weeks ago, I could access them all.
> If I hover over any of the tabs I can see the link https://<server>/horde/admin/config/config.php?app=horde#
>

> Regards

Further to above
I found with the apps I could copy the interface generated config to a
conf.php for each, changing permissions and ownership
That got me to application is ready for all except horde which won't do
this.
Slight progress at last and then this:

A fatal error has occurredThe Content_Tagger class could not be found. Make
sure the Content application is installed.

 1. Horde_Core_Factory_BlockCollection->create()
/var/www/html/horde/services/portal/index.php:31
 2. Horde_Core_Block_Collection->__construct()
/usr/share/pear/share/pear/Horde/Core/Factory/BlockCollection.php:61
 3. Horde_Registry->getAppDrivers()
/usr/share/pear/share/pear/Horde/Core/Block/Collection.php:43
 4. Horde_Registry->pushApp() /usr/share/pear/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php:1905
 5. Horde_Registry->_pushAppError()
/usr/share/pear/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php:1550
 6. Horde_Core_Factory_BlockCollection->create()
/var/www/html/horde/services/portal/index.php:31
 7. Horde_Core_Block_Collection->__construct()
/usr/share/pear/share/pear/Horde/Core/Factory/BlockCollection.php:61
 8. Horde_Registry->getAppDrivers()
/usr/share/pear/share/pear/Horde/Core/Block/Collection.php:43
 9. Horde_Registry->pushApp() /usr/share/pear/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php:1905
10. Horde_Registry->callAppMethod()
/usr/share/pear/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php:1545
11. call_user_func_array() /usr/share/pear/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php:1141
12. Horde_Registry_Application->init()
13. Kronolith_Application->_init()
/usr/share/pear/share/pear/Horde/Registry/Application.php:105

Peter Lawrie