[imp] 6.1.0-git

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Fri May 17 07:22:32 UTC 2013

On 16 May 2013 19:38, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:
> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>>> So I see.  I'd still feel better knowing the rationale for these changes.
>

> Because it made zero sense to set a one-size-fits-all spam reporting
> solution in the configuration file.  What happens if you have two servers
> listed in backends.php, your local IMAP server and Gmail?  I'm about 102%
> sure that you do not want the same spam reporting configuration for both of
> these servers.
>
>>> Not that my userbase uses this feature, but I can this will cause some
>>> confusion too..
>>>
>>> The following options have been removed::
>>>
>>>    $conf['compose']['link_all_attachments']
>>

>> So, I've added these configurations items to
>> imp/config/backends.local.php and still I have no report as spam
>> button in my mail interface anymore.
>

> And you added them in the correct format, as described in
> config/backends.php?  You can't just copy/paste the old lines from conf.php,
> if that's what you did.

Interesting - the old way was of course much easier to configure :)

Spam reporting is done (here) via spamcop, so that's easy - it's just
an email address.

Innocent reporting is a little trickier.  How does one move it back to
the Inbox?  From the docs, I have:

 *     - email: (string) The e-mail address to use for reporting
 *     - email_format: (string) Either 'digest' or 'redirect'.
 *       - digest: [DEFAULT; RECOMMENDED] Packages the raw data of all
 *                 messages reported by the user in their marking action and
 *                 sends to the reporting e-mail address ('email' option) in a
 *                 single multipart/digest message.
 *       - redirect: Redirects the message to the reporting e-mail address
 *                   ('email' option). Note that this alters the original
 *                   message's headers and may break embedded spam reporting
 *                   signature information contained in the original message.
 *     - program: (string) An external program to report the spam message to.
 *                Messages will be reported to the program via standard input.

My original settings for this were..

$conf['notspam']['spamfolder'] = true;
$conf['notspam']['email_format'] = 'digest';
$conf['notspam']['program'] = '/usr/bin/spamassassin -k %u';
$conf['notspam']['reporting'] = true;

do I just leave email commented?  or is it %u?  Or does the
spamassassin take care of that?

>> How is it possible to go back to a version that has it?
>

> If you already upgraded to IMP 6.1, hopefully you created a backup of IMP
> 6.0.x you can revert to.

How does that work if you install via pear?

Simon