[imp] Which "trash" should we use?

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Thu Jun 13 14:09:08 UTC 2013

Citeren maxcsa <maxime.pelletier at educsa.org>:

> Hi,Thanks for your answer.If I get it right, I must use a "real" trash
> folder if my users plan to use ActiveSync.

Yes.

> Since our user currently use the
> trash folder" technique? I would have to move message with deleted flag to
> the trash folder for all my users. Do you know if such a script already
> exist?

If you happen to use Dovecot as your IMAP server, have a look at the
'doveadm' tool. At the same time as moving messages to the Trash
folder, you may want to clear the Deleted flag.

> Or could I create a login hook to fix that?

That would be another option.

> Also, I'm curious to know
> the difference between "mark as deleted" and "move to virtual trash folder"
> (which were #2 and #3 in my original message).Thanks in advance!Maxime

In Horde, the only difference is where and how deleted messages are
shown. On your IMAP server, there is no difference (and hence other
IMAP clients won't notice any difference between the two).