[imp] Removing "whitelist" and "blacklist" menu items

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Aug 12 17:10:17 UTC 2014

Quoting Brett Charbeneau <brett at wrl.org>:

>> Michael Slusarz [slusarz <at> horde.org]:     This is the correct
>> way of disabling (except changes should be made in
>> registry.local.php).
>

>     I'm grateful for the response! And please excuse my ignorance of PHP...
>     I've added
>
> $_prefs['blacklist']['Locked'] = true;
> $_prefs['whitelist']['Locked'] = true;
>
>     to registry.local.php, and it does seem to disable them for the
> user, but the preference would be to have this menu item not appear
> at all.
>     I tried additionally adding the chunk of code below as well, but
> I keep getting syntax errors - is this the correct approach to
> remove the "Blacklist" and "Whitelist" links from all menus?
>
>    'ingo' => array(
>         'name' => _("Filters"),
>         'provides' => array(
>             'filter',
>             'mail/applyFilters',
>             'mail/canApplyFilters',
>             'mail/showFilters'
>         ),
>         'menu_parent' => 'imp'
>     ),

In registry.local.php, this will remove blacklist and whitelist and
ensure that any additions to 'provides' in the future is automatically
added without further admin intervention:

$this->applications['ingo']['provides'] = array_diff(
     $this->applications['ingo']['provides'],
     array(
         'mail/blacklistFrom',
         'mail/showBlacklist',
         'mail/whitelistFrom',
         'mail/showWhitelist'
     )
);

Unfortunately, the 'provides' parameter isn't as clean to work via
registry.local.php since it only contains hash values and no defined
hash keys, so the PHP needs to be a bit more advanced (this is a
historical remnant since this is the way registry.php was before we
switched to *.local.php files).

michael