[imp] IDN auth failing in imp

info at interpost.biz info at interpost.biz
Thu Aug 14 09:33:28 UTC 2014

am told. I tried installing pecl/idn extension - but it is very old
and will not install with newer version of php 5. (I saw your exchange
with Steffan in february of this year late). I am running php 5.4.26,
and using sql authentication backend in horde.

Have you considered trying a php class for idn and horde/imp:
http://www.phpclasses.org/package/1509-PHP-Convert-from-and-to-IDNA-Punycode-domain-names.html
?

I don't know what to try. You never responded to my earlier querries
re mbstring - or setting intl to use UTF-8?

You mentioned that horde doesn't accept UTF-8 as input for
authentication, that it must be ascii.  Is there only one table I need
to check in the horde db?  Will modification of any of the character
sets in the horde DB resolve this problem?

Has anyone, to your knowledge, ever gotten horde AND imp to
authenticate a login using an IDN?

Thanks,

ed