[imp] Fwd: preview of attached files in imp

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 17:15:42 UTC 2014

Sorry, gmail defaults to posting to the sender, not the list...

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 1:46 AM, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
wrote:

> Quoting francis picabia <fpicabia at gmail.com>:
>
>  On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 5:19 AM, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Quoting francis picabia <fpicabia at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>>  So you can understand better how the user sees this, I include

>>> What error?
>>>

>> A fatal error has occurred
>>
>> Could not display attachment data.
>>
>> 1. IMP_Compose_View->composeAttachPreview()
>> /usr/local/www/horde/imp/view.php:44
>>

> The only way that I'm aware of to get this is if you don't have a backend
> setup to save attachment data.
>
> This is a panic error.  There is no way you should be able to get to this
> in normal activity.
>
> I have no problems attaching a word doc and then clicking on the link
> after attaching.

When you click, what happens?  Does it launch a Linux based viewer within
the browser window?
I don't want that.  I don't want all of the questions that will come about
the document
not rendering exactly like the MS product, etc.  I just want one of these
to happen:

A. No link or a similar null action like "sorry, not supported".
B. Launch the native desktop app, which would happen with a typical
download link
on any web page.