[imp] Shift-delete feature request

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 10:04:08 UTC 2015

On 26 Nov 2015 6:09 pm, "Jens Wahnes" <wahnes at uni-koeln.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 26 2015, at 17:40:02 +0100, Simon B wrote:

would
> > mark
> > > There's pref for that, it's called "delete_mark_seen".
>
> > Where? It's not in my IMP configuration screen, or my mail preferences
(as
> > far as I can see)..
>
> It's an advanced setting.  To be able to see it as a user in the "Mail"
> preferences ("Deleting and Moving Messages" section), you will have to
> click on the "Show Advanced Preferences" link on the upper right hand
> side of the screen, next to the "Edit Preferences for" selectbox.  As
> admin, you can of course set this just like any other pref through
> .../imp/config/prefs.local.php.

Thanks Jens!

It's odd, because I thought I had advanced settings shown by default.

However, I'd still like the ability to permanently delete mail from any
folder.

Hi

> The ability to permanently delete emails was, looking through the
archives, last discussed in 2008.  The solution offered was to use virtual
trash and then purge.

> That's not significantly different from going to a physical trash and
deleting emails and doesn't offer any finer control.

> What I'm looking for is either a button/drop-down on the current delete
button that permanently deletes the email similar to the way shift+ delete
works on desktop clients.

> This would allow me to delete emails on the fly whilst still keeping
those in trash I might wish to archive or undelete at a later date.

> Similarly, I'd like to permanently delete mails I've marked as spam.

Anyone?

Simon