[imp] Users are getting logged out

Arjen de Korte build+horde at de-korte.org
Mon May 20 13:01:30 UTC 2019

Citeren azurit at pobox.sk:

> Hi,
>
> i would like to ask for any suggestions how to resolve my quite
> strange problem with Horde/IMP.
>
> During the past year, several users (really not much, about 3 or 4)
> contacted us about problem with logging out from Horde/IMP. The
> logout reason is 'session expired' BUT all users are describing very
> similar things:
>
>  - logout can happen anytime and session, probably, didn't expired
> at all: for example, one of the affected users is SOMETIMES getting
> logout few seconds after he logged in
>
>  - it is happening on the same account using different PCs and browsers
>
>  - it is NOT happening to anyone, only to few users (but it is
> happening all the time for that users [for some few times per week,
> for some few times per day], i mean, it's not like it happen few
> times to sometime and than few times to someone-other, it's still
> same users
>
>  - i'm NOT able to reproduce it on my PC, even when using affected accounts
>
>  - it NEVER happen to me and i'm using our webmail daily
>

> Nothing interesting in logs even on debug level (i just see that
> users really get logged out). Any suggestions on what is happening,
> how to debug it, how to reproduce it etc.? Thank you.
>
> azur

Is

     $conf['auth']['checkip'] = true;

in your horde/config/conf.php file? If so, it may be that said users
are on systems with short DHCP lease times and/or change IP address
for some reason. I've seen similar behavior when their devices
(apparently, for security reasons) change IP addresses frequently.
Setting the above value to false should fix that.