[ingo] Still Not in TRANSACTION state

Kjer Andresen Kjer-Andresen at web.de
Sun Apr 27 15:03:16 PDT 2003

 Hi !

I still have the Errormessage: Not in TRANSACTION state, when i try to
save a filterrule. Aide Florent wrote,
that i should create a timsieved.conf and configure pam. I did so, but
it didn't work at all ...
Any Idea why ?

I've used telnet to check sieve with 'telnet 127.0.0.1 sieve':
"IMPLEMENTATION" "cyrus timsieved v2.1.11-Debian-0woody.8.0"
"SASL" "PLAIN"
"SIEVE" "fileintoreject .... (many more)

Then I tried to log on to Timsieved with 'sieveshell 127.0.0.1', here i
was ask for an password, but all my root or admin passwords faild ...
which password is here ment ?

These are my config files:

etc/pam.d/sieve
# PAM configuration file for Cyrus IMAP service
# $Id: imap.pam,v 1.2 2002/05/25 11:25:07 hmh Exp $
#
# If you want to use Cyrus in a setup where users don't have
# accounts on the local machine, you'll need to make sure
# you use something like pam_permit for account checking.
#
# Also, take a look into libpam-ldap, libpam-mysql/libpam-pgsql
# and libpam-pwdfile. They're likely to be helpful aid for creating
# a closed-box email system.
#

#auth    required    pam_unix.so nullok
#account    required    pam_unix.so
auth sufficient pam_mysql.so user=mail passwd=********* host=localhost
db=mail table=accountuser usercolumn=username   passwdcolumn=password
crypt=0
auth sufficient pam_unix_auth.so

account required pam_mysql.so user=mail passwd=********* host=localhost
db=mail table=accountuser usercolumn=username passwdcolumn=password
crypt=0
account  sufficient       pam_unix_acct.so

usr/lib/sasl2/timsieved.conf

pwcheck_methode: saslauthd -a pam