[ingo] Ingo

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Aug 14 14:14:58 PDT 2003

> Is there a version of Ingo that will work with Horde 2.24

Yes, but it isn't recommended.  Instead you should use the IMP filtering
with that version.

> I know that if I get the HEAD version of Horde the HEAD version of Ingo
> will work but it is my understanding that HEAD versions are not stable and
> should not be used in a production enviroment.

Basically true.  But, if you have no other option, then it is a possible
solution.

> I am currently running RELENG_1 of Ingo which is the only version that
> works with Horde 2.24, however it overwrites previous .procmailrc entries
> rather then appending to it.

Well, two options:

1) Submit a patch so it works as you want.
2) Switch to HEAD if that fixes it (i.e. HEAD of everything, not just Ingo).

> I really want to get Horde, Imp, and Ingo running together however I am

Why is that?  Do you need a particular feature of Ingo not in IMP's filtering?

> getting very frustrated at all the different versions and releases and the

There aren't that many versions/releases, and they are fairly well documented.

> 1/2 answers that I am getting from people.

Sorry, but several of us would ordinarily reply (myself in particular) are
just too busy to do so at this time.  Can't do much about bad timing.

> Please please please, can someone please give me a straight answer so I
> know whether to continue trying to get these three components working
> together or whether I can just drop it and move on.

Since I don't know why you want to do this, or what your skill level is,
I really can't give you a straight answer to that.  You have really a few

1) Give up on Ingo and use IMP filtering
2) Provide a working patch for Ingo RELENG to meet your needs (may just
mean backporting the HEAD changes, I really don't know).
3) Switch to CVS HEAD of everything.
4) Wait for someone to fix the Ingo RELENG to do what you want.
5) Wait for the next release of Horde and IMP and Ingo...

Not sure which would be best in your case, since I don't know your needs.
skill level, or time frame...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics