[ingo] Ingo

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Aug 14 15:08:47 PDT 2003

> The reason I was hoping to use Ingo was it's ability to write to a
> .procmailrc file as the owner of the file.

Ah.  For generic server side filtering, Ingo is the way to go.  (For spam
only, see the "sam" module for use with Spamassassin).

> As far as I know (and I could be wrong) the filtering that comes with Imp
> doesnt write a .procmailrc file and sorts/deletes/etc messages after they
> have already arrived in a persons mailbox.

Yes, IMP is client-side filtering, not server side filtering, so it is
done after the mail arrives, and only when viewing the mail in IMP.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!