[ingo] Importing scripts, again...

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jun 17 10:00:29 PDT 2004

Zitat von Roberto Leibman <roberto at leibman.net>:

> I've read the archives and the explanations for the missing
> functionality to import sieve scripts.
> Sigh...
> May I add my voice to those asking for that feature? I have fairly

You can ask as long as you like. If noone is writing the code to parse sieve
scripts into tokens, this won't happen.

> developed scripts for my users (not many, but still), plus quite some
> stuff in them pertaining to spam control (through spamassassin flags).
> It would be a pain in the neck to recreat them through a UI.
> But short of importing sieve scripts, may I offer implementation
> alternatives to the ingo developers?
> - Perhaps an alternative solution would be to somehow convince sieve to
> use TWO scripts instead of one

This is not possible, at least timsieved only allows for one active script
at a time.

> - Perhaps a way to merge the currently active sieve script with the ingo
> section, this would be awesome, because I could then provide the
> skeleton script for all users and then allow each one to customize their
> rules through ingo.

This might be an interesting solution. But I remember vaguely that this was
discussed and dropped in the past regarding the procmail driver. Perhaps
you'll find something in the archives.

> On a side question, I found it somewhat difficult to explain to my users
> the rule of moving an email to a mailbox, particularly because the
> mailboxes should look like "INBOX.Foldername". Confusing to users. May I
> suggest:
> - Changing the name of inboxes to folders, that's what the rest of IMP
> uses, and consistency would be better.

Huh?

> - Putting a drop-down with available IMAP folders instead of a text
> field, otherwise the whole of ingo is not as useful as it could be, and
> very error prone.

Such a list exist already, if you have IMP installed too.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php