[ingo] Can I use ingo to generate server sieve scripts?

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Aug 17 08:34:40 PDT 2005

Quoting Leah Cunningham <leah at frauerpower.com>:

> I guess the question is, how do I activate the script.  What I have in
> the preferences back end is a base64 encoded string, which decodes to
> something like the attached text foo.
>
> Is there a function to handle this, or do I have the preferences backend
> not set up correctly.
>
> Where can I check/setup the activation of rules on the server?

Attachment was stripped but have a look at ingo/config/backend.php.dist.  Use
the sample for the sieve backend.  As far as activation, it can happen either
automatically, when you do a form submission (i.e. update a rule, or anything
like that), or you can configure it to manually update when you activate the
ruleset.  That's a preference in ingo.  Since I had a fairly complex rule set,
I used to do the manual updates, to make sure a bug didn't wipe the
whole thing
out, but I have confidence that its stable and have it updating automatically
now, after any changes.

As a sample backends.php config:

$backends['sieve'] = array(
    'driver' => 'timsieved',