[ingo] Regarding stability

Lars Tobias Børsting lars.tobias.borsting at ntnu.no
Wed Jan 11 08:48:33 PST 2006

Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> writes:

> Lars Tobias Børsting <lars.tobias.borsting at ntnu.no> writes:
>
>> I can see that Ingo is a rather new project. Would you consider Ingo
>> stable enough for a production system for about 50k users?
>
> Where did you get that from? Ingo is already several years old and we
> currently prepare the second major version.

The oldest versions I have found of Ingo are from late 2004, so I
probably didn't look good enough.

> It's definitely suitable for large production systems.

That's good news.

> But it's probably not what you are looking for. It's a filter
> *frontend*, not a filter *engine*.

Yes, it's what I'm looking for, a way for users who aren't procmail- or
sieve-savvy to use server-side filtering. I guess I didn't make myself
clear enough.

Thanks again!

--
Regards,