[ingo] ssh2 vfs backend not working

Volker Then horde at volkerthen.com
Tue Oct 24 09:52:46 PDT 2006

Quoting Cliff Green <green at umdnj.edu>:

> Volker Then wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to use the SSH2 vfs backend to upload the generated
>> procmail script. The SSH PECL module has been successfully
>> installed, test.php gives no errors.
>>
>> Activating the script just gives: "Authentication to SSH2 server
>> failed.", but authentication against Horde or SSH work with the
>> same user credentials.
>
> Then it would seem your backends.php file (for ingo) is not
> adequately configured.
>
> Presumably, you have settings like the following (or something
> similar) in your backends.php file (in whatever
> $backends['procmail'] array you define):
>
> 'driver' => 'vfs',
> 'hordeauth' => true,
> 'params' => array(
>   'hostspec' => <this needs to point to your ssh server>,
>   'procmailrc' => '.procmailrc',
>   'port' => 22,
>   'vfstype' => 'ssh2'
> ),
> etc., etc.,etc.

This is my backends.php (ingo HEAD):

$backends['procmail'] = array(
     'driver' => 'vfs',
     'preferred' => 'localhost',
     'hordeauth' => true,
     'params' => array(
         'hostspec' => 'localhost',
         'filename' => '.procmailrc',
         'vfstype' => 'ssh2',
         'port' => 22,
     ),
     'script' => 'procmail',
     'scriptparams' => array(
         'path_style' => 'maildir',
         'variables' => array(
         )
     ),
     'shares' => false
);

But I think it's not a horde problem. It's rather a problem with the
PasswordAuthentication of the sshd server.

Failed password for xyz from 127.0.0.1 port 36792 ssh2

I think there's some misconfigured pam_ldap. sshd works fine for all
local ldap users with keyboard-interactive authentication.
PasswordAuthentication accepts root only.

So, this is the wrong list for that kind of topic. Sorry!

But thanks anyway!

Volker