[ingo] Normal 'filesystem' backend for ingo/procmail?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Feb 24 11:40:00 UTC 2008

Zitat von Allen Landsidel <allen at 1001islington.com>:

> I'm setting up a new mailserver, the current recipe is FreeBSD 6.2,
> Postfix 2.4.6, MySQL 5, postfixadmin 2.1.1, Courier imapd/pop3d 4.3.0,
> procmail 3.22, Apache 2.2.8, PHP 5.2.5, SpamAssassin 3.2.4, and the
> full "Horde Groupware Webmail" 1.0.5 package.
>
> All mailboxes are virtual and deliver to
> /var/mail/vhosts/<domain>/<username>/ in Maildir format.
>
> After a bit of fighting today, I have procmail successfully integrated
> (recipient domain isn't available as a master.cf macro in postfix 2.4,
> so I wrap the procmail call in a simple perl script).
>
> The last bit of magic I need is to get Ingo working with procmail.  It
> seems as though there is no (or at least no example) backend for ingo
> to use a normal filesystem; as it is, procmail treats the top-level
> Maildir directory as home and will create an empty .procmailrc there if
> one doesn't already exist.

I'm confused. If you haven't been able to set up a filesystem backend,
how did Ingo create a .procmailrc?

> 4. vfs.  This would be great IF I could use a normal filesystem driver
> instead of the ftp driver.  I really don't want to setup an ftp server
> for all this, specifically because I'd rather like to avoid the hassle
> of having to create ftp user accounts in addition to the email accounts
> whenever a new user is added.
>
> So my question is, is there some undocumented (even unsupported) method
> of using straight a straight 'file' backend similar to what Horde
> itself will use for VFS, or perhaps a 'file' driver entirely separate
> from vfs?

VFS is a possible backend for Ingo, and "file" is a possible backend
for VFS. So, yes, you can use the VFS file backend in Ingo to write
.procmailrc files directly to the filesystem. But I still didn't
understand what you issue actually is.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/