[ingo] Required backend for Ingo

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Tue Apr 27 16:22:36 UTC 2010

Zitat von Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at dada.net>:

> [...]

Sorry, i have never used Courier and maybe never will...

> There's nothing in the documentation about my MDA (which is not a
> completely unknown one) that I can find.  If it's there, can you
> point me to it?  If not, can give me a rough example I can
> extrapolate from to make this work?  I'm not asking you to actually
> provide the code, just give me the tools to help myself.  I'd
> appreciate that.

The MDA part is up to you to setup so it is not possible to list all
possible combinations of MTA (Mailserver), MDA (deliver mail from MTA
to mailstore) and Mailstore/IMAP+POP3 Server.

If you are using Postfix as MTA you use "local" most of the time to
store the mail in the courier mailbox files. With this you have no way
of filtering/forwarding etc. because "local" has no interface for
that. That's why many people use something like procmail and others
which are feed by pipe.

As said i don't know Courier because we use Cyrus/Sieve since ages but
you can have a look at maildrop from courier MTA which should be able
to do something like this (http://www.courier-mta.org/maildrop/).

Regards

Andreas