[jonah] locale translations for jonah?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:46:32 -0400 (EDT)

Quoting Michael Hoennig <michael@hoennig.de>:

> I took a look at the Jonah source tree, is it true that the phrases
> you're speaking about are spread over the sources? If not, I must be
> blind. If they are really not in a central file, tell me how you want to
> get the translation. At least for German I could contribute one.

Jonah (like the rest of the Horde development apps) uses gettext for
localization. So when you see _("string here"), that is both the default, and
the key to looking the message up in a translations catalogue produced with the
gettext tools. Gettext is what gnome, kde, etc all use for localization; we just
need to whip up a good set of scripts for working with translation files.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Many states consider gambling so immoral that they not only prohibit private