[jonah] Still get weather from San Diego

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 26 17:23:04 PST 2003

Quoting UnixguyinNYC at aol.com:

> /mysql/bin/mysqlimport  -r horde jonah_weatherstations.tsv
> horde.jonah_weatherstations: Records: 37565  Deleted: 1  Skipped: 0
> Warnings: 0

Did you try dropping the table, and re-creating it?  Your records matches
what I have though (37565).

> /horde/jonah/scripts/db/jonah_weatherstations.tsv into jonah_weatherstations
> horde.jonah_weatherstations: Records: 37565  Deleted: 37565  Skipped: 0
> Warnings: 0
> Disconnecting from localhost

Makes it sound like you don't need to drop the table, but I'm no mysql
expert (I've only tested the file on postgresql).

> Jamaica NY gets the SanDiego weather, Mostly all others get blank.

Any errors any where?  It works for me:

Jamaica, NY at 05:22:47 PM
The temperature is 53°F, humidity is at 69% and the wind is SE at 3mph. It feels
like 53°F. Barometer shows 29.78. Visibility is infinite and the UV
index is a minimal 0.
Forecast: Wednesday 61°/39°heavy rain Thursday 56°/40°mostly sunny Friday
55°/49°partly cloudy Saturday 61°/50°rain Sunday 50°/33°heavy rain

> Anything else I should try before throwing a brick at the server?

I'd try dropping the table, recreate the table, make sure you have the
latest .tsv file, reload it.  Try again, and check the log files for
errors.

> I can always just move to San Diego, the weather is definitely better than
> here  ;)

*Grin* If it's an option, go for it ;)

--
Eric Rostetter