[jonah] The weather configures much easier with sql and prefs setting.

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Mar 26 19:44:30 PST 2003

The sql version of the weather is so much faster than the flat file version.
Thanks.  After testing a bit I dumped the db to see if I could put some default
values into prefs and found that the following was added.

 horde_prefs VALUES ('eculp at encontacto.net','jonah','location','CA~Monterey');
 horde_prefs VALUES ('eculp at encontacto.net','horde','selectedcountry','CA');
 horde_prefs VALUES ('eculp at insourcery.net','jonah','selectedcountry',NULL);

Somehow it doesn't seem quite right - horde rather than jonah - but it seems
to work with options and/or if you add it to prefs as in the following:

$_prefs['location'] = array(
    'value' => 'CA~Monterey',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit');

$_prefs['selectedcountry'] = array(
    'value' => 'CA',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit');

Someone had asked how to set up a default but I somehow erased the email.

ed