[jonah] Re: Sun Rise / Set Problem

Ruben van der Steenhoven ruben_donotspamme at webmeesters.net
Tue Apr 15 17:06:10 PDT 2003

I didn't do that in the config files. I just selected the nearest
airport  in the Block options of the sunset block. (This was of some
help, because of your question i had to retrace my steps to find out
that i COULD change the location without bothering other Horde
components after all). Now i also tried some other locations like Mexico
and Amsterdam, but with all the same results.

I've added following code to the _content function of
jonah/lib/Block/sunrise.php to find the values i mentioned: (BTW: That
date format you mentioned is the tandard UNIX-internal date format.)

----------------BEGIN CODE FRAGMENT-------------------
     function _content()
     {
         if (empty($this->_params['location'])) {
             return _("No location is set.");
         }

         // Set the timezone variable, if available.
         NLS::setTimeZone();

         list($lat, $long) = explode(':', $this->_params['location']);
         $rise = $this->calcSunset(time(), $lat, $long, false,
floor(date('Z') / 3600));
         $set = $this->calcSunset(time(), $lat, $long, true,
floor(date('Z') / 3600));

+>        $date = time();
+>        $yday = date('z', $date);
+>        $mon = date('n', $date);
+>        $mday = date('j', $date);
+>        $year = date('Y', $date);
+>        $DST = date('I', $date);
+>        $TZ = floor(date('Z') /3600);

         $html  = '<table width="100%" height="100%"><tr>';

+>        $html .= 'Date: ' . $date;
+>        $html .= '<br/>YDay: ' . $yday;
+>        $html .= ' Mon: ' . $mon;
+>        $html .= ' MDay: ' . $mday;
+>        $html .= ' Year: ' . $year;
+>        $html .= ' DST: ' . $DST;
+>        $html .= ' TZ: ' . $TZ;
+>        $html .= '<br/>Lat: ' . $lat;
+>        $html .= ' Long: ' . $long;
+>        $html .= '</tr><tr>';
         $html .= '<td width="25%" align="center">';
         $html .= Horde::img('sunrise/sunrise.gif', _("Sun Rise"));
         $html .= '<br/>' . $rise;
         $html .= '</td>';

         $html .= '<td width="25%" align="center">';
         $html .= Horde::img('sunrise/sunset.gif', _("Sun Set"));
         $html .= '<br/>' . $set;
         $html .= '</td>';

         $html .= '</tr></table>';

         return $html;
     }

     //http://www.zend.com/codex.php?id=135&single=1
     function calcSunset($date, $latitude, $longitude, $sunset = true,
$timezone)
     {