[kronolith] Getting up and running with mcal+kronolith (CVS)

John Soward soward@soward.net
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:08:37 -0400

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting John Soward <soward@soward.net>:
>
> > Does anyone have any suggestions or maybe a smaller bit of sample
> > code I could try with the command-line php or anything?
>
> Make sure that Horde auth is set up and working; make sure that you are using
> libmcal from cvs, and not the tarballs (they're over a year old); make sure
> that you can do $stream = mcal_open('{/mstore}foo', 'username', 'password');
> with the username and password defined in your config/conf.php file.

Horde Auth seems to work (using imap), I'm using  the cvs libmcal from about
maybe
sunday night or monday. Had to undef the use of PAM since that appears to be
horribly
broken, I tried to patch up the pam_conv routine but I don't need it anyway
since only
kronolith will use it.

I was using the following php program to test:

<?
 $x=mcal_open("{/mstore}<root>","root","xxxxx");
 print "x=($x)\n<br>\n";
print "www<br>\n";
 $x=mcal_open("{localhost/mstore}<www>","www","xxxxx");
 print "x=($x)\n<br>\n";
print "root/blank<br>\n";
 $x=mcal_open("{/mstore}soward","www","xxxxx");
 print "x=($x)\n<br>\n";
?>

root and www are the only things in /etc/mpasswd and this appears to work:

http://rs.soward.net/cal.php

And I'm using 'www' in the horde/kronolith/config/conf.php

I'm going to try a fresh cvs of horde just in case I've got an odd-ball typo out
there, but
I'm working on two boxes and they are getting the same result, though I did copy

a few things from one to the other.

thanx,
--
John Soward     Lead Systems Programmer     University of Kentucky
e: soward@uky.edu  p: 859-257-2900 w: www.soward.net