[kronolith] shared calendars via ldap users

Jan Schneider janmailing@gmx.de
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 10:26:03 +0200

Zitat von Terry Davis <tdavis@birddog.com>:

> Is there any documentation on what the group stuff means?
> Perhaps reading the Group.php will be a good start eh?

Yes. The group library is very new, it's not used so far and not documented if
not in the source code.

> The only calendaring I have any experience with unfortunately is Outlook.
> That
> is what I am looking to provide with horde/krono.  Ability to "invite" others
> to "events", have an email sent to them with the event information, etc.  In

This won't be a big problem. We recently added import/export stuff, so we
probably will soon be able to send or recieve iCalendar entries from or to
kronolith with imp.
But that's not the sort of "shared calendar" I was thinking of. I think of
group events that are shown in the individuals' calendar that are parts of this
group. And the ability to look up others' calendars to find free times for
meetings etc.

> my
> case, this user information is stored in an ldap server which is the same as
> one of my addressbooks.  That is my picture.

If you use turba with your ldap server as the backend, you won't have a lot to
do. Think of: Select an event ín kronolith, get an address from turba and send
an invitation with imp.
But there's still a lot work to be done of course to make this happen.

Jan.