[kronolith] shared calendars via ldap users

Terry Davis tdavis@birddog.com
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 12:07:00 -0500

Hi Jan, thanks for the reply.

>We recently added import/export stuff, so we
>probably will soon be able to send or recieve iCalendar entries from or to
>kronolith with imp.

The only thing I recommend here is that you create an entry in Outlook and
export it.  Look at their stupid format and try to duplicate it.  They say it
is Icalendar but the headers say Vcalendar and look a little different than if
you create an event with ical, so go figure.  Sadly to say a ton of your people
are going to want to share events with Outlook users.  I am not suggesting that
this way should be exclusive but perhaps have a checkbox which says "Compatible
with Outlook".

>I think of group events that are shown in the individuals' calendar that are
>parts of this group.

This works perfectly in my situation.  I have several departments so to speak:
sales, development, IT, management, marketing, etc.   This information would be
best stored in an ldap server where true unix groups are supported.  I don't
know php so I cannot write the driver for you, I am sorry, perhaps if it was
perl.  :(

You have a ton of potential in this project.  I am very anxious to see what
happens with it.  I am glad to help in any way.

Take care,

--
Terry Davis
Systems Administrator