[kronolith] shared calendars via ldap users

Jan Schneider janmailing@gmx.de
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 23:03:26 +0200

Zitat von Terry Davis <tdavis@birddog.com>:

> Hi Jan, thanks for the reply.
>
> >We recently added import/export stuff, so we
> >probably will soon be able to send or recieve iCalendar entries from or to
>
> >kronolith with imp.
>
> The only thing I recommend here is that you create an entry in Outlook and
> export it.  Look at their stupid format and try to duplicate it.  They say it
>
> is Icalendar but the headers say Vcalendar and look a little different than
> if
> you create an event with ical, so go figure.  Sadly to say a ton of your
> people
> are going to want to share events with Outlook users.  I am not suggesting
> that
> this way should be exclusive but perhaps have a checkbox which says
> "Compatible
> with Outlook".

The format Outlook exports IS actually vCalendar or iCalendar (== vCalendar
2.0) it just doesn't support all features of this standard. But once we have
iCal support in kronolith it should work more or less with Outlook.

> sales, development, IT, management, marketing, etc.   This information would
> be
> best stored in an ldap server where true unix groups are supported.  I don't
> know php so I cannot write the driver for you, I am sorry, perhaps if it was
> perl.  :(

Perhaps there will be someone coding a ldap driver for group information. We'll
see.

> You have a ton of potential in this project.  I am very anxious to see what
> happens with it.  I am glad to help in any way.

If you stay tuned by reading this lists and giving your comments and
suggestions you already help us very much.

Jan.