Kronolith and Solaris 8

C. M. Rahman (jr.) cmrahman@ccsi.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:49:38 -0600

Hi,

It took me time to digging but the solution was simple as it may seem, as
for compiling MCAL.

Have you download the mcal? you can use cvs to download latest version .
Look below on my "===========>" this is where I had to add mimpure-text.
Hope this helps, if you find out on apache solution, let me know.

Check out libmcal from CVS:
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.libmcal.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/libmcal
login
(leave Password blank)
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.libmcal.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/libmcal co
libm
cal

Check out icap and mstore from CVS, UNDER libmcal:
> cd libmcal
> cvs co icap mstore

Compile:
> cd icap
> make
> cd ../mstore
> make
> cd ..
> ./configure --with-icap --with-mstore
===========>> You need to modify Makefile . Add "mimpure-text" to CFLAGS .
The line should look like this
===========>> CFLAGS=-mimpure-text -O0 -Wall -g ${INCLUDE} ${OTHER_CFLAGS}

> make; make install
additionally copy *.h to /usr/local/mcal/include

> mkdir /var/calendar
> chmod 1777 /var/calendar

cd to php4 src directory
configure php with --with-mcal=/usr/local/mcal and other regular options
make and make install

cd to apache directory
make and make install

C.M. Rahman Jr.