[kronolith] vCalendar Into Kronolith

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:27:04 +0100

Zitat von Brandon Knitter <knitterb@blandsite.org>:

> So here's what I'm thinking, taking your thoughts.
>
> Start by creating a mime viewer into Horde that will allow for the
> mime-type,
> need to find out what that is first, can't be that hard.  Make that thing
> in
> horde.mime.viewer.MIME_Viewer_vcalendar.  I'm going to just copy vcard
> and
> modify it slightly.

Yes, that shouldn't be so hard.

> After I have that, add some functionality that checks to see if you have
> kronolith installed, and if you do, add a "add to calendar" object which
> puts
> you at the add form prepopulated with data.
>
> Does that sound like a good plan?

No, you should rather use the import functions of the Data:: class instead.
A first step would be to import a vCalendar file directly into Kronolith
with the import interface. At next you have to write an api method for
Kronolith to add events. You can then use this api method to import a
vCalendar object from the mime viewer.

> Before I look to hard, is vcalendar the right type?  Or should it be
> icalendar?
>  Not sure what those are, just saw those terms.  Also, is there an RFC

iCalendar is actually vCalendar 2.0 and backward compatible. So you should
focus on iCalendar.

> for
> reading the correct type?  Or maybe an org website?

http://www.imc.org/pdi/

Jan.