[kronolith] vCalendar Into Kronolith

Brandon Knitter knitterb@blandsite.org
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:47:33 -0800

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:
> > need to find out what that is first, can't be that hard.  Make that thing
> > in
> > horde.mime.viewer.MIME_Viewer_vcalendar.  I'm going to just copy vcard
> > and
> > modify it slightly.
> Yes, that shouldn't be so hard.

If I follow the vCalendar 1.0 spec (I have that printed out), will that be close
enough (forward compatible?)?  That 2.0 RFC is huge!! :)

> > After I have that, add some functionality that checks to see if you have
> > kronolith installed, and if you do, add a "add to calendar" object which
> > puts
> > you at the add form prepopulated with data.
> No, you should rather use the import functions of the Data:: class instead.
>
> A first step would be to import a vCalendar file directly into Kronolith
> with the import interface. At next you have to write an api method for
> Kronolith to add events. You can then use this api method to import a
> vCalendar object from the mime viewer.

Excellent!  I appreciate this kind of feedback.  Being a programmer, learning a
new env rules! :)

Where would I put this import API?  The reason I ask is that the Horde framework
has it's JavaDOC-ish docs, but I don't see one for Kronolith (I'm a Java
programmer, you get so spoiled by documentation generated by code).  If you
point me to the module/file that has the other import API stuff, I can probably
find it from there.

It looks like you already have written the Horde.data.Data class with the type
IMPORT_ICALENDAR?  Is this work fairly close to done?  If so, is there an
example of import that I can follow?

> iCalendar is actually vCalendar 2.0 and backward compatible. So you should
> focus on iCalendar.
> http://www.imc.org/pdi/

Reading...

Thanks again,